Ever wanted to create your own gaming or company logo? Here is a quick tutorial and some tips to get you started
First you need to find a good logo creator. For this tutorial we will use one of my favorites:
Step 1: Visit Design App (this site is completely free)
Step 2: Click Launch App
You will be presented with a blank canvas:
Step 3: Click the + symbol
Step 4: Choose a Icons/Shapes and enter Text
Step 5: Choose your color scheme
Step 6: Finalize your design
My little cousin is a fan of LEGOs so I decided to create a cool LEGO character for him. He also likes stars and shields so I added that too.
Tips for Good Logos:
1. Use intersecting and complementary shapes
A fancy way of saying the logo has two or more pictures wrapped seamlessly into one.
2. Make sure the text is clear and readable
Not like this:
3. Use color schemes that are pleasant to the eye
4. Use the right colors depending on the emotions you wish to display:
5. Look at your logos from different perspectives (not everyone sees what you see).
London 2012 Olympics Logo
Do I really need to explain what’s wrong with this logo?
Feel to post some examples of logos you created in the comments below!
Special Thanks to:
– BoredPanda.com for bad logo examples